Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mothers Day

Mother's Days tend to be rather sullen around our house.  Sean's mother was taken from us far too soon, and my mother was the perfect example of exactly what NOT to do, so although I cherish the gift of motherhood I've been given, there's always that little sting that Sean and I are missing out on this gift that everyone else is celebrating.  When I think of the relationship and the love that I have for my children, I'm saddened that I never knew this love as a child and devastated that my husband knew it and then had it taken from him.  But this mother's day I've decided there will be no more sulking.  I vow to live longer and do better than the mothers we were given and to take the day to enjoy my calling and the blessed responsibility I have to raise a future little mama.  So let the mothers day festivities begin.... starting with the breakfast I can here my little loves making in the kitchen for me :)

No comments: