Sunday, May 12, 2013

A smelly girl


Maddi:  "Mom, I want fruit for breakfast."
Me: "ok.... which fruit? We have bananas, cantaloupe, watermelon, strawberries, blueberries, grapes..."
Maddi: "GRAPES! No, wait. Well, yes.  Well...."
Me: mildly intrigued by her argument with herself  "Maddi, do you want grapes or not?"
Maddi: "I love their taste, but not their smell.  They smell like pennies, but they taste sooooo gooooood"

This girl smells EVERYTHING.  She smells the boxes when Grandma & Grandpa send packages because she says they smell like Grandma's house, she smells everything before she eats it, she sniffs people and toys, soaps and shoes, and the other day I even caught her smelling the phone charger before she handed it to me.  She is so weird, but it's moments like these that I feel so blessed to be her mother.  It is such a gift to spend every moment with her...  to teach her, to cheer her on, and to giggle at her oddities.  It's little moments like these that I love being a mother.

No comments: