Sunday, May 24, 2009

desire.

I've had this secret desire... this thing that I hoped for... even prayed for... a wish that meant too much to utter aloud. It was a silly something really... not nearly as grand as I'm making it seem, and life was still so wonderful without it that at times I even forgot it was missing, but occasionally the bitterness of it's absence felt like a weight in my heart. I honestly believed that I didn't deserve this special little gift. My life is already so amazing that sometimes I would feel a little guilty for wanting more, but God loves me and gave me the gift that I've secretly craved for YEARS. It came in a way that was completely unexpected and at a time when I wasn't particularly searching for it. It was simple yet profound and nothing like I imagined it would be. It wasn't epic or climatic, but it was exactly what I had secretly desired. I am humbled to be loved by a God that knows me so well and shows such compassion and charity toward me. My heart is full, and I am grateful for my own little miracle.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Wow, what a beautiful post. Very well written. The Lord is so good to us.