Saturday, January 24, 2009

Smashed Cars and Broken CDs








Mikey sent me a CD with pictures of him in Russia. He e-mailed me a few weeks ago & told me he was sending it, so, needless to say, it's arrival has been greatly anticipated. It finally came today, and I was SO EXCITED. I ran to the computer to pop it in, wrote Mikey a quick e-mail to let him know I got it, and then tore into the package. Sadly, when I opened it up, it was broken. I'm devastated and just hoping that it broke on its long journey home and not during my enthusiastic package-opening, but either way it stinks!

We've had a great weekend (other than the CD breakage). Last night we rented the Dr. Seuss movie "Horton Hears a Hoo." I love Friday nights spent cuddling on the couch with a good movie. Then this morning we went to the PJs and pancakes primary activity at church. Drew always loves going and playing with the other kids, and pancakes just happen to be his favorite breakfast food, so he was one happy boy.After the activity, I took the kids to work with me. The monster trucks were in the arena today. They were too loud for Maddi, but Drew bought his headphones, so he got to watch the show and even go down onto the floor and see the trucks up close while Sean and I worked. I'm not sure why he has suddenly become obsessed with monster trucks, but he watches them on the speed channel and knows all of their names; he even has a bunch of little monster truck toys and makes them jump over his matchbox cars just like they do in the shows. Big, loud, smelly trucks smashing things... it's definetly a boy thing, but I'm glad he got to see them none the less.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Sounds like Drew had a great weekend, haha. That stinks about the CD!

aunt mimi said...

I am sooOOoO sorry about the CD. That really stinks.

Drew is so funny. Growing up with 5 brothers I remember the sound affects. I could never do it like they could. Sometimes when the three little boys (that is what we called and call James, Jared, and David) got going, it sounded like a monster truck show right there in the house.

Maddi is beautiful by the way. See you guys soon.