Friday, January 2, 2009

And a Happy New Year

















What a year! My mind is flooded with all of the memories we created last year. Our family grew and changed in so many ways. We had wonderful times..weekend vacations, lazy days, and amazing surprises; we had hard times...a stressful pregnancy, health concerns, job layoffs, but here we are..we made it through as a family and are ready for all of the adventures that the new year holds for us.

We didn't do anything spectacular to ring in the new year. I was sick and went to bed early, Drew went to sleep as usual, and Sean stayed up with Madison so I could sleep. He said they watched the ball drop together and then finally went to bed. I sure love him :)

I must admit, I've had a bit of the baby blues :( I'm stressed about going back to work, wishing I was in school, having a hard time nursing, the migraines are back with a vengeance, and I'm fat. I hate to whine, but I went to work last week and a lady I work with who is usually very kind and must have momentarily lost all sense and compassion asked me when I was going to have my baby. As I looked down at my pudgy post-partum flabby stomach, I realized I have many hours of yoga and treadmills ahead of me. I only gained 50 pounds this time instead of the 60 I gained with Drew, (I despise every pregnancy article I've read that says you should only gain 20-25 pounds...they LIE) but I just hate the awkward in between time while you're trying to loose the weight and afraid to go anywhere without the baby propped in your arms like a war medallion. On a brighter note, Huntsville Hospital gave me a 3 month membership to their wellness center for free. How amazing is that!?! They even have yoga and aerobics classes there. I can't wait!

We had a fun week. Sean's brother Greg and his wife Candice came into town. They brought SO many gifts for the kids...I couldn't believe it! They are so amazing. Sweet Candice helped with the kids and helped clean, and Greg brought Guitar Hero World Tour Edition. It was the first time we had played and it was so fun...that's literally all we did the entire time they were here. I know we sound like losers, but it was SO FUN. Ben came over and brought my little sisters to visit. I love just sitting and talking to my brother. He is so kind and compassionate and F-U-N-N-Y! We can just sit for hours and talk. I miss him while he's gone, but I'm so proud of the awesome things that he's doing with his life. He's so bold and fearless and nothing holds him back from chasing his dreams. We also took Drew roller skating. He was invited to a birthday party by a classmate, and we wanted him to give it a try before going to the party. We had fun, but he likes skating on his heely's and not the roller skates. He just couldn't understand why they wouldn't let him wear his heely's instead of the skates...poor kid. Sean began with a huge ever-so-graceful wipe out. It was beautiful with all 6 foot 4 inches of limbs flailing about, but he quickly got back into the groove of things and helped Drew learn to skate.
So, as we boldly begin our journey into 2009 carrying all of our hopes and dreams and goals for our future, I find confidence in knowing that as a family we will face the joys and challenges of this year together, and as long as we continue to try to do our best, God will continue to bless us and guide us along our way.

5 comments:

Cari said...

I am SO feeling you on the whole "in between" phase. I also gained 50lbs with this pregnancy. Urg!

Madison looks so rosey cheeked and has such a beautiful complexion. I can't wait to see her in person.

Beth said...

That "in between" is the worst. I ended up buying a few pairs of jeans in different sizes and bigger shirts just to get me through and even though I'd only wear each pair a few times, it was SO worth it to not wear yoga pants or awkward fitting stuff when I went out.

Madison is a doll!

Sandy said...

Madison is absolutely beautiful!

Becki said...

Poor thing! I hope you feel like yourself again soon. 50 pounds. I'm never complaining about anything ever again! Madison is very beautiful. Feel better!

Clarissa said...

First of all, you are absolutely beautiful and if I didn't know you were telling the truth, I'd say there was no way you gained 50 pounds from seeing you at the shower! But I totally sympathize with feeling fat right after and having a hard time with everything else. It will get better, though. Like Elder Wirthlin said, "Come what may, and love it." (Loved that talk!)