Monday, January 12, 2009

light-weight




I took Madison to the doctor again today; she has grown 2 inches but has only gained 2 ounces since we left the hospital! She's suppose to gain an ounce a day, and she's only gained 2 ounces in 3 weeks! What kind of loser mom can't fatten her kid up?!? So, we are supplementing with formula, and will go back Thursday for ANOTHER weight check. Wish us luck...

On a brighter note, Drew made all A's on his report card this semester. He also took a reading placement test this week. He only scored a .3 on the one he took at the beginning of the year, but he scored a 2 on the most recent one which means my little first grader is reading on a second grade level now. I am so proud of him and all his hard work, and I truly cherish the time we've spent together doing homework, reading library books, and reading our chapter books together at bedtime. I LOVE reading, and it doesn't get any better than a good book about snakes and spiders or a good Scobby-Doo mystery with a cuddly boy snuggled up by my side.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

We went through the same thing with Sam - it's so frustrating to feel like you can't even keep your child fed. Don't hesitate to supplement if that's what she needs - she could just be like Sam and have a super-fast metabolism. Just never feel like you're not doing your job as a mom - and remember, it takes awhile to get down each ones little systems. Good luck!

Cari said...

How frustrating! Heres to hoping Thursday's appt goes better!

Yay! to Drew for his all A's. You have got to be crazy proud.

Becki said...

She's looking so good! Congrat's on feeding her well. I always feel so proud when I see how Ellie is growing and know that I had everything to do with it. Being a mom is great isn't it?