Sunday, January 11, 2009

20 days



I had to get the ol' calendar out and count the days because it honestly seems like one really long day with a few naps thrown in here and there. Madison is doing great though and we are finally beginning to settle in to our new family of four. Madison only weighed 7 lbs 3 oz at her last check up, so we have a bit of work to do to get her back to her birth weight. We are finally comfortable with nursing though, so hopefully she'll start packing on the ounces.


Andrew is AMAZING with Maddi. He calls her "little missy" and always wants to hold her and kiss on her. She just stares at him in contentment as he talks to her about all of the things he's going to teach her when she grows up...it's so precious. I am so lucky to have such awesome kids. I went to work for about 7 hours on Saturday, and they both sat there in my office with me the entire time without a single whine of protest. I forgot toys for Drew (I was just proud of myself for making it out of the house with all three of us dressed and clean!) so we listened to Taylor Swift together and sang at the top of our lungs while Drew played his air guitar and danced around and I typed my busy little fingers off. Thank goodness no one else was in the office :) It stinks to have to go back to work so soon, but I am so grateful to work with such compassionate people who let me take my little angels with me.


Well this week, my goal is to try and go somewhere other than work...maybe we will try the grocery store or church or the library or something. I just feel so tired and overwhelmed (not to mention out numbered). Sean has already taken Maddi to Drew's school to have lunch one day while I was working, so I know it's possible. I just need to get up the courage to bundle up my babies and with my purell in hand, venture out into the chaotic, germ-infested world again.

4 comments:

Beth said...

What a pretty little girl! I am impressed that Drew played 7 hours without toys! Whew. I didn't get the hang of going out with Addie until well after 2 months. We still have a hard time leaving the house! I have to have 2 hours or it doesn't happen.

Cari said...

I so know how you feel. I have to venture out to the grocery store for the first time by myself with both kids. I am going to have Noah in the front of the cart and Eden in a carrier on my chest. So nervous. I'll let you know how it goes. Good luck this week. I hope for our girls to meet on Sunday.

Lyd Stew said...

You sweet gal! A new baby is overwhelming- I think getting the nursing down is the trickiest part! I bet you are doing so good! She is so beautiful! Keep up the good work- and don't feel guilty for just taking it easy for a while. There is nothing wrong with just being at home for a while! :)

Lyd Stew said...

Hey- Also, I don't know what you have planned as far as an announcement goes, but I would love to make you one if you would like as a gift. I have a link to my announcement blog on mine if you want to see some samples and how it works.