Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Caymen Islands

Next, we ventured over to the Caymen Islands. Our visit was a stark contrast to the vibrant Jamacian episode. People were friendly and the city was clean and inviting, so we joined the foot traffic and explored the city. We did some shopping, watched the cars travel around on the wrong side of the street, played on the beautiful powdery beaches, tried our first fresh coconut, and were even suprised by a chicken or two roaming the parking lots. Sean and his brother tried out some kyaking while Candice and I soaked up some sun and watched the kids splash around in the gentle waves. The Caymen Islands were paradise.








To debark at this port, they simply opened the doors and lowered the staircase out toward the water; then a ferry boat pulled up to the stairs and took us over to the port. This concept nearly paralysed me with fear, but in persuit of bigger and better adventures, I sucked it up, closed my eyes, and stepped right over my fears. I'm so glad I did because the adventure that awaited was greater than I ever could have imagined.





No comments: