Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Naples Botanical Gardens












The Naples Botanical Gardens opened the week before our trip, so we were able to check it out while we were down there. It is, hands down, the prettiest garden I've ever toured, and they had an AMAZING kids area with an herbal garden with watering buckets, a butterfly house, tree houses connected by rope swings and a miniature cottage. I guess it's just the biologist in me, but after studying animals and plants for so long, I have a unique respect for them. Plants are so similar to us. We have the same basic needs of cellular food and water to create energy, and I've always been fascinated that they can breathe in harmony with us.... they can take our used up air and recycle it for us. What a gift these beautiful creatures silently give us every second of every day.

No comments: