Tuesday, March 17, 2009

P Day Parade

































We went to the park today and then went downtown to see the St. Patrick's day parade. It was the first time we've gone to this particular parade and it was interesting to say the least. I guess I can be rather naive but I had no idea that St. Patrick's day = alcohol + crazy nakedness. The parade only lasted about 30 minutes (thank goodness) because it mainly consisted of alcohol delivery trucks with green streamers wrapped around their mirrors, the hooters girls who somehow forgot their green but were oh so generous in parading their other attributes, and Huntsville's finest and ever so classy roller-derby girls. Ummm... let's just say it's not what I was expecting. We sat on the steps of a building downtown and after I got everyone situated and sat down, I realized the precious little 70 year old lady beside us was chugging a beer (jeez lady...it was only like 10:00!) Drew had a great time though; he only cared about the firetrucks and the poodle that had been dyed green. So I'm glad we went, but I think I'm just going to stick to wearing my green shirt and looking for people to pinch next year.

2 comments:

Clarissa said...

Amanda! That is too funny! I wish I'd have known you were going b/c I was planning on it then decided not to at the last minute. Sounds like we didn't miss much, though. : )! Ha. Ha.

Lyd Stew said...

That is hilarious! Wow- isn't life funny- living in but not of the world can be tough sometimes. :) What a cute mommy though- my goodness- you win the prize for the cutest kids in Alabama! :)