Monday, March 23, 2009

aCid + BaSe = FuN




The kids are STILL sick and have added the pukes to the long list of ailments. They are on antibiotics though, so hopefully we can get out of this funky rut that we are in. Speaking of antibiotics, I wanted to give a quick shout out to Publix. For those of you who don't know, Publix dispenses Penicillin and Amoxicillin for free. Yep you read that correctly for FREE whether you have insurance or not; they refer to it as one of their complimentary medications. I just think that is amazing. So thank you Publix. You're my pharmacy hero.
Drew and I had a fun Science project day. Drew put on my lab coat and some latex gloves (so cute) and made a volcanic explosion. We added baking soda, dish soap, red food coloring, then stood back and added vinegar, and boom! Our volcano erupted. It was awesome (and yes, I'm glad we covered the whole kitchen with newspaper.)
By the end of the week we were tired of being cooped up in the house and the only place we could take the kids without infecting any innocent bystanders was the woods, so we loaded up our bikes and headed to the Greenway trails. The trails begin at a little park off of Mountain Gap road and follow a winding creek all the way to the Tennessee River. The trails are paved which makes it easy for kids to ride and there is a playground by the campgrounds at the end of the trail, so we had a great time together, and I absolutely love being out in the fresh air enjoying God's beautiful creations.

1 comment:

Becki said...

Ooooh, I'm going to have to try that volcano with Logan, he'd love it! Still sick huh? So sorry! Hope yo see you guys around and healthy soon. Oh, and I love your first pix!