Thursday, November 29, 2012

Landscape

I love that we can go to Florida at the end of November, and everything is still in full bloom. Bright colors splashed everywhere you look, and Grandma & Grandpa's house in no exception. The kids enjoyed seeing Grandma's garden, and Maddi even picked her first veggie. We enjoy fruit off of the trees, and I love watching Grandma's poinsettia begin to change colors while we're there. And of course the kids love hunting for lizards basking in the sunlight. I have vivid memories of exploring my Grandmas' backyards. In Utah, I remember the smell of mint, honeysuckles and wildflowers, and in Alabama, I remember studying the pigeons, frogs, and squirrels that shared our space. Their backyards always felt safe, transparent, and full of adventure through my little eyes, and I hope my kiddos have created the same fond memories that I cherish.












No comments: