Friday, November 23, 2012

A little more Zoo












When we visit the zoo, we usually wander around at our own pace, but this time, we decided to watch one of the shows that the zookeepers present in the little safari amphitheater. The show ended up being AMAZING. We saw some unique animals up close, and learned some really interesting things about them. I will no longer throw my apple cores and banana peels out of the car window after they kindly told me that ONE MILLION animals die EACH DAY by coming to the roadside to munch on food that we toss out of our car windows. I never, ever throw trash out of the window, but I always thought it was acceptable to toss a biodegradable thing out here or there. I hope no cute little critters perished in my ignorance. The whole show wasn't a garbage guilt trip though, we learned about snakes, owls, lemurs, porcupines, and the most adorable, cuddly sloth I've ever seen. It was such a fun day!

No comments: