Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Daddys Do Things Differently

Sean had a day off last week (I know... a miracle), so I went to work all day while he watched the kids. I kind of liked the trade off. I got to be around adults all day. I just sat quietly at my desk, listened to completely coherent adult chatter, and enjoyed the fact that no one was whining or tugging at my clothes or wiping snot all over my shirt. Just me being all adult like and working. Well, by the end of the day, the glamour wore off. I was ready to cradle some babies, wipe off some sticky fingers, and kiss all over some chubby cheeks. I left work feigning for motherhood and came home to this....



Yes... that is my beautiful baby girl sprawled out for a nap on the couch... with no pants on but the same jammy shirt I put on her the night before. Yes she has hot pink shoes on for her nap because she's been outside playing with no pants on. Yes, I'm slightly embarrassed.

Then bath time with Daddy doing shampoo yielded this...



But the day also had precious moments like this...




At first, I admit... I was frustrated when I got home. I want someone to be me while I'm gone... to do the dishes and laundry and make dinner while taking care of the kids and working from home. That's not so hard is it? But then I realized my way is no better, it's just different. The kids were loved, happy, safe, fed, and eventually cleaned, and they got to spend time with Daddy. Sean makes such a wonderful father because he's NOT ME. He adds laughter and spontaneity to our life. He works hard, plays hard, and doesn't stress out over the details like I do. I chose him because he compliments me and together we make our family whole. So, Happy Birthday babe. Thanks for being you and for letting me be me.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

LOL!! I love the first picture!!