Monday, June 7, 2010

Potty Time

It's aLmOsT time to start the dreaded... I mean delightful task of potty training. We started last week by getting all of the potty gear out so she could become familiar with the whole concept; then this morning, as soon as she woke up, I plopped her on the potty. and.......SUCCESS!! accompanied by cheers, dancing, and proud toddler grins.
I don't expect to get rid of the diapers any time soon, but I'm glad she's so receptive to the idea. I have no doubt that when we get down to business, she won't take long to get the hang of it. So here's my checklist before it's time to switch to the undies and never look back:

aware of body parts - check

understands when she's dirty - check

can clearly communicate need to go - mostly check

can take pants on and off - not even close... she's been trying to put on her PJ pants for the last 30 minutes. They are those complicated footies, but still.... :(


ok... I know her hair looks CrAzY, but we went STRAIGHT to the potty when she woke up, and she just happens to wake up that glamorous.

No comments: