Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pigtails

I'm in love with a girl.

a rolly polly wibbly wobbly little girl

I love dancing with her to ghetto music on the radio and singing itsy bitsy spider at the top of our lungs. I love giving her makeup tips as she sits in the sink and watches me get ready in the mornings. I love that she's rough and tough and loves cars more than baby dolls. I love that she'll make anything into jewelry... everything has the potential to be an accessory. I love that she scribbles love notes on all of my papers at work. My heart melts when she says 'Mom' and then shows me her big, beautiful, gummy grin. I love that she's fearless... she'll wander the halls at work in hope of making a new discovery, and never doubts that I'll come rescue her from trouble. I love that she turns everything into a phone and enjoys pulling every single wipe out of the box as if there is a treasure hidden somewhere at the bottom. I love that she stares at people, just taking them in, and never buckling under the peer pressure to grin or show a friendly gesture. I love that she says thank you so boldly... showing her inhibition to express gratitude and kindness to those she loves.

I am in love with a girl, and I can't wait to see the woman she will become.

No comments: