Monday, August 17, 2009

A Man After My Heart

I've been in a total rut lately. It's seriously been school, diapers, work, clean, diapers, laundry, food, diapers, work, dishes, diapers, repeat. I've been bored and cranky and overwhelmed and definitely missing my hubby, so you can imagine how thrilled I was when Sean woke us up early yesterday morning and told me to pack the bags for Chattanooga. YAY!!



We found some coupons at www.chattanoogafun.com/coupons and then hopped in the car. There's just something about spontaneity that excites me, and I love having a hubby that knows when to shake up the monotony and throw in a surprise when I start feeling the humdrum of motherhood.

We started at the National Tow Truck Museum

Then we went to the children's museum downtown.







This children's museum was AMAZING. It was like Sci-Quest, the McWayne's Center, and Early Works all crammed into one. They had an amazing water area; a huge jungle gym; science and invention exhibits; an energy, robotics, and magnetism area; a baby play area; a pretend store; a pretend clinic complete with microscopes, x-rays, a miniature exam room, and a full sized skeleton; a dinosaur exhibit with live reptiles and a huge sand area to dig for fossils; an art studio, photography, sculpture, and textile area where kids could observe and create masterpieces; a music and theater area with instruments to play and displays to explore the history of music and instruments; then the second floor was a special Curious George display with a story room and tons of creative games and displays from episodes of the show. I could go on and on and on, but I just don't think I can do justice to its awesomeness.

After the museum we went to the Mellow Mushroom for dinner before heading home. It was the first time that we'd eaten there and it was soooooooo good.

Well... Maddi is waking up from her nap, Sean is working, and Drew is at school... just another day, but for some reason it's okay today because I feel renewed, refreshed, and ready to tackle the laundry and the pile of invoices on my desk with a smile on my face.

1 comment:

Ranee J Fratangelo said...

Chattanooga is our favorite place to just get away too...next time check out the choo-choo(Holiday Inn) and the North shore has a carolsel and water park...the Mellowmushroom is a family favorite but if you go as a couple you need to try the tatoria in the art district yummy too!