Thursday, August 6, 2009

Cupcakes and Mortality

We had lots of extra kids over last week, so we made cupcakes and colored frosting, and then I let them create....

Several things have happened recently which have caused me to contemplate my mortality. Well... not my mortality specifically, but just the concept of life in general and how fragile it is. I've seen babies born too soon, but thrive and grow against odds in their new little bodies. I've reached out to friends facing devastating illnesses, and I've grieved with friends who are mourning the loss of loved ones. I guess I've just been reminded that each day is a beautiful gift, and no matter how hard we work or how much we plan, each day is in God's hands. So, with that in mind, I've recommitted to cherish the simple things... like making cupcakes and wiping off gooey faces and sticky fingers. Each day is a gift from God to me.

No comments: