Friday, May 9, 2008

hugs, kisses, cake, & spashes





So, I feel like the luckiest gal in the world. I have had such an amazing week!
I have been horribly sick...morning-sickness doesn't even begin to describe it...it's more of an all day - every second that I'm breathing - overwhelming feeling of puke. I eat and I get sick; I don't eat and I get sick. It just hasn't been fun, and the weight gain hasn't made it any easier. (I'm so amazed that I've managed to gain weight without keeping any food down!!) But my sweety-pie made everything better as he held me in his arms and told me how excited he was, how beautiful my changing body was, and how lucky he was to be with me. I really don't think he knew how desperately I needed to hear those simple words, but it was one of those moments that I realized how lucky I really am. I have a husband, a friend, who loves me for me and who is willing to experience life with me. He loves me fat or skinny, as a student or a stay at home mom, grumpy or happy...I am loved. I am living the life that I dreamed of, and I feel so blessed!
Despite the sickness, I have been able to find the time to have fun with Drew. I love him so much!!! He fills every day with joy and surprise. This week we went to the fountain downtown and ran through the water together. I hadn't planned on getting in the water, but once we got there, I just couldn't resist :) We had so much fun together.
As if the week couldn't get any better...my little cutie-pie made me a mother's day cake at school!!! He decorated it with icing and wrote our names on it, and the smile on his face when he gave it to me melted my heart! We took pictures before eating it of course, and when I opened it to cut a piece for each of us, I noticed the little smear in the frosting on the bottom where he'd taken a little taste-test while decorating. lol. It was the best mother's day gift ever!

4 comments:

Jude and Ashley said...

How sweet...both your hubby and little Drew!

The Walker Family said...

I have to ditto with Jude and Ashley!

Debbie said...

I think our husbands sometimes have no idea how just some sweet simple words can completely make our day! Jared and I plan are trying to get pregnant again this summer, and I'm definitely nervous about going through the whole nausea/morning sickness thing again :-( and this time I have another baby to take care of at the same time! Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Beth said...

Good luck with your nausea, that is miserable!