Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A deacon

Sunday was a special day for our Drew he turned 12 and choose to be set apart as a deacon in our church.I'm so proud of this kid. He's kind, loving, hardworking. He loves hockey and science and hates math and mashed potatoes. He's finally enjoying trying new things, but still thrives in structure and consistency. His favorite food is shrimp, he loves riding bikes, swimming, and has a weird thing about scabs. Last night while maddi went to a birthday party, I got to spend some time with just him, and I loved every second of it. He's easy to talk to, skimpy with his smiles, and always makes me laugh. Time had passed so quickly. It seems like I just carried him around on my hip yesterday, but I'm realizing his childhood is almost over. Every moment I have with him is a blessing, and I hope we always have a relationship of love, friendship, laughter, and respect.

No comments: