Saturday, April 13, 2013

Cafe 302 Car Show



I've neglected my blog lately. Sorry blog. I get so caught up living life that I forget to stop and take a moment to write down our memories so that we can re-live the fun later.
Things have been pleasantly busy. Maddi loves dance. Drew has been skating a lot getting ready for his 3 on 3 season to start. Maddi learned how to ice skate by herself and got her very own hockey skates like brother. Drew read his very first novel... John Grisham's new kid series, and has started on his second (thank you Grandpa for helping my boy love books as much as we do!) We went to a Sleeping Beauty ballet, and Maddi fell in love with the music and the stage and the costumes and the makeup and the glitter and the tutus and the graceful steps. She loved every second of it. We've been swimming and taken walks. We've had lunch dates and movie marathons. We've cleaned out bedrooms, sat in hallway bathrooms waiting out tornadoes, and boiled crawfish. What can I say... It's Spring time in the South and we're finding fun things to do every day.
Today was no exception. We were all home together. We went shopping for flowers, redid the flowerbeds, had a lunch date, and then strolled through a local car show. I love spending time together, but I also love that we can work hard together. So often we try to do exciting things with our kids; we try to teach them and encourage them by fascinating and entertaining them. But I think it's equally important to teach them gratitude and the joy of accomplishment through hard work, and there is no better way to teach them than to work side by side with them. Whether we're covered in mulch or listening to the purr of a rat rod, every moment together is a blessing.

No comments: