Friday, April 26, 2013

At Dinner




Sitting at the dinner table last night....
Maddi (staring at Drew with a blatant look of disgust on her face): "Mom, do you put your ham IN the applesauce when you eat it?"
Drew: slightly pauses from his applesauce-ham combo feast to glance up at her curiously.
Me (never thrown off by her odd questions or constant chatter): "No babe, I like to keep my foods separate."
Maddi: "YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (alternating victorious fist pumps in the air) "You're on my team mom, and we're WINNING two to one.  Two no applesauce dipping to one mixer.  Do you want to join our team Drew?"
Drew: stares at her oddly, then continues eating this time exaggerating his dipping finesse.

I'm not sure if this was an attempt to optimistically encourage change or a heavy dose of peer pressure, but the way this little girl's brain works is just fascinating to me.  Every day is an adventure with her. :)

No comments: