Friday, October 17, 2008

Ups and Downs



What a week!!

Sean's brother went out of town, so we got to watch his little baby puppies for him. They are so adorable, and even Sean who "hates little dogs" played and cuddled with them.
Sean and Drew had a fun boys-only day. They met a bunch of Sean's friends from work and rode four wheelers all day in Paint Rock. They rode to a waterfall and then followed a trail up a mountain where they both said the view was amazing. I'm so glad that Sean takes time out of his crazy schedule to just be with Drew. He is such a great Dad!
I went to the doctor this week. Madison is doing great and my glucose test was fine, but I'm a little anemic, so I'll have to try and choke down a few more pills each night. Only ten more weeks to go though!!
Despite the pleasant start to our week, it ended rather terribly. Sean was laid-off from his job. They laid-off a bunch of people, demoted a bunch of people (including Sean's boss), and completely closed a division that they had just recently started all due to the "poor economy." It really stinks...Sean really liked working there and then there's the whole absence of insurance and income with bills to pay and a baby on the way. Oddly I haven't completely freaked out yet though. Sean is such a hard worker and has always found a way to provide for us, so I have no doubt that he will continue to do his best to take care of us. Sean has such a positive attitude about life in general. He has been through such heartache and experienced such a great deal of loss, yet he believes that everything happens for a reason and is able to find the best in each situation. He simply called me to explain what had happened as he was on his way to the VBC to start working his second (well only job now)...no fussing or pouting or cursing of the economy, just the facts and an optimistic attitude. Life is so random, but at least I know that no matter what happens or what trials come our way, I will always have what matters most to me...my family.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Oh no! I am so sorry! I'm sure he will find something better soon. However, they do have to provide him the option of cobra insurance (by law I'm pretty sure)so you will be able to stay covered under cobra until he finds another job. I really do believe that things like that happen for a reason and I bet he'll find something WAY better!

Clarissa said...

That really stinks would be a big understatement, I guess. I just hate that. But I know the Lord is going to provide something else for ya'll and that you will see the blessings that come from it.

Lyd Stew said...

Hard times- I'm sorry to hear that! Proud of your faithful attitude though! I'm sure things will work out for the best. Sometimes things shake up a bit so we remember who is in charge. :) I'll remember you in my prayers!