Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Summer is over

Well I guess as of this week, summer is officially over and my favorite autumn is here. We had such a fun summer and as always I forgot to take pictures of most of it. We had dog snuggles, water balloon fights, pizza picnics in the park, and so many days at the pool. Drew got braces, became a teenager, and passed me in height. Maddi learned to swim and got the tiniest little pink stripe in her hair for finally sleeping in her own bed at night. Sean did another BBQ competition and had a birthday. I soaked up the sun at the pool and got to sing in a patriotic choir. It was a fun, easy summer, but I think the highlight for all of us was having grandma & grandpa come stay with us. We are so blessed to have them in our lives. We loved the conversations around the table, grandma's contagious laugh, card games at night, and I even got to work on a little family history with grandpa. Our home feels so happy when they're with us. I've learned so much from them, and I thank God every day for them. Now we're counting down the days till we see them again!

No comments: