Thursday, July 17, 2008

My Brother, My Friend


I love all of my siblings. They each have a special place in my heart, but Mikey isn't just my sibling, he's my closest friend. We tell eachother EVERYTHING. We love eachother unconditionally and can always be open & honest with eachother without fear of rejection or judgement. We just get eachother. We are so alike, but are still able to respect our differences.
Well, he's been serving a mission in Moscow, Russia for the past seven months, & I miss him like crazy. I am so proud of him. It is amazing to watch him grow as he learns of his divine potential. It has been awesome to watch the Lord use him to influence others for good. Mikey is so compassionate, hardworking, & realistic, and it is amazing to watch those traits used to bless those in need. Right now he's hard at work in a small town. He's serving as financial clerk, EQ president, & teacher in his tiny branch. He's also training his first "greenie" & trying to fit in a little missionary work in between all of his other responsibilities. I can only imagine what it's like in a strange country, speaking a strange language...it must be so exciting & scary & overwhelming.
Tomorrow is his birthday. I hope he's not too cold & lonely! If you want to send some birthday wishes his way his e-mail address is: mikeyaworth@myldsmail.net , & his address is:
Elder Michael Worthington
Russia Moscow West Mission
14 Efremova Street Office C
Moscow 119048
Russia
HAPPY BIRTHDAY my brother, my friend!!!

No comments: