Friday, June 13, 2008

:/




This week has just been weird. We have been moving along in life, walking the straight and narrow, working toward our goals, and suddenly we feel like our feet have been knocked out from under us.

We went for our first ultrasound and found out that I'm 11 weeks instead of 13 (which explains why I'm STILL sick), so that puts our due date on December 27. This should be an interesting Christmas for us :) The ultrasound didn't go as well as planned...they found some abnormalities in our precious baby's head. Honestly, it's the most heart-breaking news to hear. They have scheduled another ultrasound for week 15, and depending on the results, we may need to go to UAB for further testing. We are scared and sad, but know that this sweet baby is a miracle from God and that we will be given the strength to meet whatever challenges may come.

On a brighter note, my sisters have been able to spend a lot of time at our house, and we've had a great time playing with them. We've colored the driveway with chalk, played in the sprinkler and water slides, gone to see Kong Fu Panda, had a few Uno tournaments, found a frog in the yard, and even spent an afternoon at Chuckie Cheese. It has been so much fun to have them spend time with us, and I am grateful that God gives us moments of joy to make the challenges a little easier.

6 comments:

Mary said...

You know that Drew is always welcome. He is such a good kid!

I am sorry about the ultrasound. Mickey and I will keep you and your family in our prayers.

Don and Sherry said...

Amanda, I remember when Katie was born and feeling the same way. I was in the Hospital and it was late at night. I open the drawer pulled out their Gideon bible and put it in my lap and it fell open to Hebrews Chapter 11. Know that your are in our family prayers too. Love yall.

The Walker Family said...

I'm sorry to hear about the ultrasound too. You are in our prayers. The thought came to mind that this precious child has choosen you to be his mom and a great one you are! By the way, how is Drew's face healing?

Brittany said...

I know your having a great time at home with drew & your sisters!
You're such an Awesome Mom & Sister...

You know... back in the day...
I never was able to picture us this far in the future... I think We've both made out pretty darn good with our fair share of Blessings! :P

You are one of the most Faithful individuals i've met... & Heavenly Father listens to our hearts deepest prayers, the ones we can't find the words for... He knows yours & I know he'll take care of you :) I just wanted you to know that i love you, You've always been a great friend & example to me... Let me know if there's anything i can help you with :D

Clarissa said...

Amanda, I hope you know what a wonderful woman and example to others that you are. I know Heavenly Father is very aware of your family and especially of your little one. You're in our hearts and prayers. Love you!

Cari said...

Our due dates are only about a week apart. We had a rough couple of ultrasounds as well so I am totally feeling your pain right now. Peanuts heartbeat was a bit irregular and it concerned the doc. Our last ultrasound looked better so our hopes are up. Good luck in week 15 and know that ,no matter what, you are going to be exactly the kind on mom that sweet spirit needs.